Many thanks to KDRC for their work with Dept. of Social Protection (DSP) on a new interpreting policy.
To watch this information in ISL, click on the links below:
- https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fkerrydeaf%2Fvideos%2F831075750367283%2F&show_text=0&width=560“>Social welfare, Intreo, CWO
- https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fkerrydeaf%2Fvideos%2F839058252902366%2F&show_text=0&width=400“>Citizens Information, MABS, NAS
When requested, Dept. of Social Protection will provide interpreters for appointments and meetings, such as with your Community Welfare Officer (CWO), Intreo (FAS) appointments and at social welfare appointments.
DSP staff can book an interpreter for you by placing a request on the DSP intranet (STOR).
When requested, interpreters can also be booked for the following DSP services:
- Citizens Information – which provides information on public services and entitlements in Ireland. Click here to find your local Citizens Information Centre
- Money Advice Budgeting Services (MABS) – which provides support to people with problem debt (e.g. mortgage arrears, loans etc.). Click here to find your local MABS office
- National Advocacy Service (NAS) for People with Disabilities – which is a free, independent and confidential advocacy service. Click here for information about NAS
The Citizens Information Board has an Access Officer who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also show this information to the staff at your local CIC, MABS and NAS office.
For more information about interpreting/translation and other access facilities provided by DSP click here.